About Me

My photo
I am second generation Californian with Apache and Yaqui ancestors. Yes I was born in them there hills of Los Angeles. The Yaqui were hard workers and while working on the railroads in the southwest traveled and sometimes lived on the trains with their families. Refugio Savala the Yaqui Poet lived this lifestyle and called himself a "Hobo" with humor. My Greatgrandfather and many of his family worked on the railroad also which afforded them many opportunities. This Blog is in honor of my Great Grandfather Reyes Torres.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Do colognes get better with age?


Demand Media Video -- powered by ehow.com
Does Perfume Have an Expiration Date? —powered by eHow.com

I thought that generally colognes became rancid with age. I have a very expensive parfume that was rancid after one year! So I was very surprised when my Jovan Island Gardenia was even better after a year and a half! I have always been a fragrance "junkie". My grandmothers name was "Kuka" which means "flower essence" to the Yaqui. The simple things in life can bring so much pleasure, like the smell of a flower (or even wearing one in your hair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment