About Me

My photo
I am second generation Californian with Apache and Yaqui ancestors. Yes I was born in them there hills of Los Angeles. The Yaqui were hard workers and while working on the railroads in the southwest traveled and sometimes lived on the trains with their families. Refugio Savala the Yaqui Poet lived this lifestyle and called himself a "Hobo" with humor. My Greatgrandfather and many of his family worked on the railroad also which afforded them many opportunities. This Blog is in honor of my Great Grandfather Reyes Torres.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hobo Style


http://www.hobobags.com/
http://www.hobofashion.com/http://www.hoboclothing.com/
I have been studying Yojhi Yamamoto recently. I like the simplicity of his designs and functionality. Functionality is the most important part of clothing and it can save your life, protection from the elements or environment.
Yojhi does not like high heels but I say they can be a form of protection...;)
Necessity is the mother of invention and a friend and I were talking about how some of the most stylish people in SLO are the 'homeless' not to mention creative. I love the hobo fashion site because it shows the function of fashion. Note the lady with the multiple layers of clothing. She needs to do that to live. It is the best way of staying warm.
At one time there were a group of people sewing together old used clothing to make a quilt blanket. They had a large piece of fabric and layered used clean clothing by tacking them down and then encasing inbetween another large piece of fabric making a thick blanket, distributing to the homeless.
Above are a few functional and creative links for Hoboesk clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment